Pages

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Samurai Army 1 Week WIP - 68 Men Painted.

1 Week into this project and I have done 68 men. I have a total of 150 Infantry and 13 Cavalry all together so still a few weeks to go at this rate. So far I have focussed mainly on the Ashigaru as they form the mainstay of the army. 

As a huge group these models look awesome. These are speed painted and as a result some of the work is sloppy and individually they look average. I sacrificed quality for speed on this project. 

The models are from Wargames Factory and I would highly recommend them. They certainly aren't as good as other manufacturers out there as many details are soft however for the price I recommend them for anyone who wants an army for Warhammer or Kings of War. The models are made up of about 9 pieces each making construction difficult at first. 

I ended up doing freehand banners over transfers as I have spent my limit on this project already. For those interested I spent less than 200USD on this project and that got me 100 Ashigaru, 50 Samurai, 12 Cavalry, 1 Daimyo, 3 Buildings and oriental themes buildings plus a wizard and 1 Giant Samurai. Enough to make a 2000 point Kings of War force. 

Anyway here are some pictures:




















Individually I do not rate the paintjob highly, but as a group of models I am pretty proud of them. Especially the speed that I am painting them at. 

Any tips or Advice? 

10 comments:

  1. Very Very nice Mr Howell... My army is here but I haven't had time to crack into it yet...
    MY scheme is gonna be the opposite of uniform, since my army is a coalition of Houses! My rifles and cannon are gonna be one color, my spears another, my bows different as well, and only my samurai, cav, and commander, are gonna be my original color choice of silver armor and red clothing. We shall see how they look as a combined host eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, your general is very flash man

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Jayden...
      Challenge Excepted

      Delete
    3. Sounds good dude, I look forward to seeing them.

      Think you can break my record of 68 models done in 1 week? (I will be fair and say that I did not do these bases in that week, although the bases only took little over an hour).

      Delete
    4. I think I can get 50 mini's painted and assembled (not on bases since I don't have any at the moment, in 2 days
      Gonna be both my yari units and my artillery (2 20's and 2 4, 48 technically)
      I honestly can only really paint two days a week, so this should be interesting

      Delete
    5. About 60% done with the 40 pikemen, just got to do details and paint on the quickshade

      Delete
    6. Awesome, nice work man. Gotta get some pictures to me when they are done!

      Delete
  2. Will Do will do. Gonna have to put em on basic square bases since I don't got the big uns yet, but when these 40 are done tomorrow afternoon (day 2 for all you tuning in), I will form ranks and take a few pics of em for you Jayden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I failed, I did ALOT of work on 40 spearmen, but I couldn't keep the momentum going, I stopped before I even got to assembly, the most annoying part! I have the socks, as well as the heads, and pointy bits to do, and some details (arms primarily) to do

      Delete
  3. Hey, looking good. Did you get around to finishing this army?

    ReplyDelete