Pages

Saturday, 6 December 2014

Magos Dominus - With a Twist

I got an email today with an update on my counts as Demons. I am thoroughly impressed!

So im thinking that these can be cybernetic vegetables sitting in some nasty ship, then when in dire situations a psyker can pit itself at risk to teleport them to the field. They arrive covered in goo and ready fight. 

I personally prefer this to using Demons in an Imperial Force, plus I have the added benefit of using them in roleplays, other guard attachments and so on. 

So if anyone wants to flesh out some cool fluff for these guys feel free to! 

Let me know what you think of the models so far! 

Thanks to Oliver for your great painting as usual! 













Brilliant. 

More troops to come! 

8 comments:

  1. When painting these my thinking was they were enslaved aliens inside imperial "shells". Being some kind of gross creature on a swamp planet where they're teleported from, with the arms in the swamp sludge being other life on that planet. The bluish green pipes I thought could the connection between the slimy creature to their robotic carapace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea man that could be cool. Using sickly aliens to do the dirty work. Very dark too. Maybe since im Imperial I could make them mutant humans instead of Aliens. I like it.

      Delete
    2. "O-Yay, for even the mutant, in its most disgusting form, can serve the Imperium. He that is mutated will give his life for the empire, charging forth to do battle for our most glorious emperor, against the heretic, and the alien, and should he find himself facing the horror of his own kind, the mutant shalt not falter, for that is not His Will." Revered Cardinal Vallus II at a muster containing over 30% mutated human soldiers before sending them to their deaths against a much larger force of orks

      Delete
    3. Nice! Now im gonna imagine that every time some mutants are summoned during the game haha. Is that an actual quote or did you make it up?

      Delete
  2. Have you ever considered extending your daemons into an actual 30k Mechanicum army? Seems like you're halfway there already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at their troops it doesnt seem like there are any normal soldiers. But I may take a gander at the rules and see. At worst I Will use them as a Guard detachment or something.

      Delete
    2. They have a servitor esque unit that is armed with lasguns. It isn't good for too much but it can be given fearless and FnP for rather cheap, making them excellent at taking objectives.

      Delete
    3. They are the tech thralls I take it?

      Yea they seem like useful servitors to me haha.

      I will definitely look into it!

      Delete