Pages

Saturday, 18 October 2014

Alternate Death Korps of Krieg - Complete


Im not a fan of the fluff behind the Death Korps of Krieg at all, but I do love how they look. So as I was looking around the internet I found these guys you see now. These guys are from Anvil Industries range found here.

Anyway before I talk about the project here are some pictures of Mordor Miniatures work. 















 We have here:

7 Vox Casters
3 Heavy Flamers
6 Flamers
3 Medics
7 officers
1 Company Colours
The rest are rifle men

All together its 2 platoons and a company command. 

The theme behind this army was Early French Army WW1. Hence the blues and reds. The basing was meant to be a "before the war" truly starts look. Before the mud it was lush green country side and so on. I really wanted to get away from the usual muddy grim look and have an on the surface.

These guys are all conscripts. Poor farmers with basic gear being sent into battles that they are not likely to return from. Their flame weapons are used to clear enemy trenches, bunkers and other defences while the rifle men are there to die in place of the vital Flame Throwers. 

I plan to use these in very small matches, having numbers very few players can match in such small points values. If I expand them they will get artillery support or become a mechanized regiment. 

These were painted by Mordor Miniatures and honestly they were pretty good. Also lenient as I am moving etc so they are working with me the whole time. More importantly they captured the look I was after very quickly and easily. 

Anyway I hope you like them. I certainly do. 

Cheers


14 comments:

  1. Very nice! It captures the feel nicely. Would be awesome to add some artillery for the men. And a Char heavy tank would fit right in too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.warchimera.com/en_US/p/Hammer-Armoured-Personnel-Carrier/24

      I found these, I quite like them so maybe they will be added. But yea heaps of room to grow with these guys for sure.

      Delete
    2. My GOD!!! they are amazing dude,
      I am doing similar kinda stuff for my basing. In my case they are gonna be on boats so wood planking

      Delete
    3. Thanks man, im glad the painter got these the exact way I asked. He went the extra distance to get the bases done well too.

      Delete
  2. Just saw this, Thanks! I was wondering who made the miniatures, Anvil Industries, Good to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem dude, thanks for all this. I know its your job but you did a lot better than some other bigger companies I have dealt with. Expect more from me one day haha.

      Delete
  3. One question Jayden, are the heads separate or attached? I was thinking I might get a box of em, change the heads, and field them with my other lads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heads are separate, but their scale is more historic. So you could very well do a head swap with these guys.

      Delete
    2. Wicked! I was thinking they would look righteous and loyal with a good old fashioned dough boy or something from wargames factory, which are also big on truescale mini's. Think these guys would be awesome as the conscript portion of my platoon instead of the original idea I told you about

      Delete
    3. I agree, they look poor and conscripty to me as well, hence why my fluff for them is they are poor farmer boys sent to war across the galaxy etc. Really cheap too. the more you buy the cheaper they are actually.

      Delete
    4. I saw that, which is awesome of course, another thing I am doing Is attempting to find out if I can get just those snazzy backpacks of theirs, I think they would look wicked cool on my lads, also help cover up any paint fails I have on their backs. Also, I will be shooting a few pics of them completed 2morrow and sending them your way, if you would like u can post them on here, since I haven't been able to figure out this blog stuff

      Delete
    5. The backpacks really finish these models off, but they arent sold separately unfortunately. But they make the soldiers look equipped for battle and thats the cool thing.

      I have plans for posts over the next few days, but I may be able to squeeze it in somewhere if you want... :P

      Delete
  4. These particular models, unfortunately, no longer seem to be available for purchase. Tragic...

    ReplyDelete