Pages

Friday, 27 June 2014

Praetorian Rough Riders - Badger Lancers?


Warning, concept art may be much better than the final product!

I felt like an 19th Century themed Anglo Zulu war Sci Fi army would not be complete without cavalry. But after owning over 30 rough riders on horseback in my time, I felt like id do something different. Thanks to someone I know I came across some Mantic Badgers below.





Obviously the Dwarf rider will be removed but soon I'll have 10 of these badgers arrive in my mail box. I already have many of the parts I need so its just a matter of getting them to fit!

So what do you guys think of the idea? This was my second choice after these:


But since I have been waiting forever for them to finish them I have given up hope. So the Ferocious badgers are definitely second place to me. Just thought i'd share my next project idea and see what people think. 

Cheers

13 comments:

  1. Did.......did you photoshop that first picture it just find you online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Photoshop it haha. Was pretty easy.

      Delete
    2. Is that sticks of dynamite strapped to the rider's spear?

      Delete
    3. Well I think its electronic explosives of sorts but pretty much yes. Its an explosive lance for specified use against Sci Fi aliens and the like haha. Anything the badger cant do on his own!

      Delete
    4. i'm sorry, but the tape should be silvery, like duct tape, the one item in EVERY guardsmens kit that has 1,001 uses

      Delete
    5. That's very very cool, love it. And yeah definatly silver, no guardsman should ever go anywhere without a roll of duck tape!

      Delete
  2. God that makes me miss the old doctrines for Rough Riders. They'd make awesome xeno mount Rough Riders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I couldn't get that out of my mind!

      To keep the flavor I'm gonna use the death Korps rough rider rules as they have rules for cyborg mounts. Apparently badgers are well known for durability and the rules provide a feel no pain 6+ and 2 wounds plus more!

      I'll put the link up later.

      Delete
  3. Haha. I hadn't seen your mockup. That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had the idea when I was walking randomly and just had to do it! Something I'm gonna try do for ally ideas now.

      Delete
  4. Haha thanks guys. I'll be extra sure to feature the duct tape explosives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Looking forward to see this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Im hoping to have them done before the end of July. Well before then!

      Delete