Pages

Friday, 2 May 2014

GW Model Issues

Hey guys its been a while. Been busy building and painting a Lizardmen army. The Lizardmen are amazing models, the best GW has done in my opinion. But there is one problem I have noticed since the other week. GW has started putting steps under their models. For example the new Commissar, the Eldar Autarch, the Bastilidon, the Ripperdactyls, the new Skink Priest and there are probably more. Especially the Eldar Exarchs. 

I have a huge issue with this personally. I love model variety and customization. But these new stands for the models kinda make it hard to add individuality to the kits. Its fine if you have one model, but any more and you are gonna have to do some conversion work (some hard conversion work) to make him look any different to the other guy on a stand.

Its the whole Cadian problem again. 

The main issue is how the stand changes the model stance and makes it near impossible to change.

In saying that though, the kits are very nice on their own. In fact I found myself spending more money at GW than I have in a long time. Those scaly killers are just so impressive. As soon as my camera is repaired ill photograph my painted ones. 

Also I would like to report our first campaign victory! More on that later though.    


6 comments:

  1. A victory you say? Bring out the roast boar and play the fanfare, and MORE ALE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry tomorrow night ill do a write up of the victory. Ale is for the warm bloods :P I wont say no to boar though...

      Delete
    2. Well, I wanted to go with ale instead of stereotypical American whiskey or rum, and I figured boar is probably pretty common out there in New Zealand, since most of the islands out there seem to have some. And when the battle report is posted, I will read it with much anticipation good sir

      Delete
    3. Yea, I have seen many a boar in my time. Very tasty if you are lucky enough to get some.

      Ill make sure I go into detail to make up for a lack of pictures for ya :)

      Delete
  2. Good... Good *Wrings hands together* Soon, U shall have something for YOU to post as well, good sir, the first installment will be ready any time now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I have been looking forward to this!

      Delete