Pages

Friday, 7 March 2014

Welcome to the Jungle! - Mad Robot Minis

"This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before The Emperor I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of the Imperium, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."





The Vietnam war, just like most wars, was a hell hole. But there where a lot of things about this war that stands out among the rest. I can go on for ages about the politics behind the war and major events and so on, but from a wargaming perspective one thing sticks out above the rest. 

Air Cavalry.

When I think the Vietnam War I think of Helicopters searching for clearings in the dense Jungle to drop off soldiers. Truly an iconic part of the war from a military perspective. So whats this all about you ask?

Well I have found some models which really have the atheistic and feel of the typical US soldier at the time. From gear to state of clothing. These models are what the Catachan should be! 

DaNamian Jungle Fighters

I wont post any pictures here because they are all in the link but these guys are up for pre order. This site is famous for its customization. You dont buy parts (unless you want to) you go to a selection and build a squad to buy. Give it a try.

I love these guys for their realistic appearance (he does a lot of russian style models). One thing I miss in any modern imperial guardsmen is baggage and it looks like Madrobot minis are making bags now for troops. 

After just writing a post on model addiction I feel I must wait before buying, but I do plan on getting a Valkarie and a squad of these guys as part of the new codex release soon. I will make mine with helmets, sleeves, Fatigues, the normal guns and large bags. 

So check these guys out and see what you can make of them. I sure as hell am. 

Yes I know, im a sucker for cool IG regiments. But with my Praetorian Guard always needing Mercenaries im sure I can fit these guys on when my to do list is complete. 

Anyways let me know what you think, and if you have purchased stuff from them before please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment