Pages

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Imperial Guard Rumors - A Glance

Finally some real Imperial Guard rumors are showing up and boy some of its gonna be hard to swallow. However there is one thing I am excited about and that is the new Storm Trooper kit:



These guys look very cool. I am especially eyeing up the guy in the cape. Although I wont be buying them for a long time they are something I will consider getting. When I look at these men I see real Carapace armour. A simple head swap will make these guys suit many forces as shock troopers. Im not sure what Heads I will be giving mine but the Red Berets certainly aren't for me. I never found British commandos or glider infantry very interesting uniform wise. 

The artwork on the cover of the codex also looks smashing.


Aside from the new name it looks very good. Commissars are iconic to the Imperial Guard and really show the desperation and the cost of defending humanity in the dark setting. 

But this leads on the not so exciting parts of the release. 

Name changes. 

No longer is Imperial Guard gonna be used. This is gonna be hard. In 20 years time when im 40 playing with my men on the battlefield, surrounded buy new players never knowing what its like to instinctively call the army "the Imperial Guard" is gonna be tough. So who knows how long it will be before I start calling my army buy its new name, but it has not started yet. 


Then there is this thing. Is the Imperium recovering mixed blue prints pieced together buy Orks? I will wait to see more before I judge but this so far does not excite me. It looks like a bad cross of modern appearance and old fashioned appearance. It just doesnt appeal to me or how I view the Guard. 

Thankfully there will be alternatives and after the Codex comes out i'll seek them out. But that does not look good. 

I will admit it could look OK in a Arbites themed force. A prison/crowd control vehicle possibly. But we shall see. 

But dam those Storm Troopers look good. I have owned many different 40k Storm Troopers in the past but the bodies on these guys look good enough to make them my favourite. 

So there is a lot more information out there like a possible supplement and the names of the above so go on and check some more out!

13 comments:

  1. I think it is too early to say that the "Imperial guard" no longer exists with the name change. I think it is far more likely that that Guard will be one part of the Astra Militarum (along with the Imperial navy and other services).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm very true, I never thought of that. That doesn't sound that bad at all if thats the case. I hope you are right.

      Delete
  2. Defiantly getting a box or two of the new ST's, with green berets of the RM commandos. Defiantly not thrilled with the truck think, was hoping for an enlarged Chimera along the super heavy pattern lines, but oh well.

    Now I just have to keep an eye out for the new rough riders!

    Oh, I a agree with the above post, hopefully the new name is just a blanket to cover all the factions a la the sisters new name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard those storm troopers can be made into a command squad. If thats the case I may buy some too. If this is the case maybe we will see Storm Troopers available as a full force...

      And dont get me started on rough riders! I love cavalry so if they make some nice ones I may drop some cash on them!

      Delete
  3. That new transport looks like it belongs more in the Arbites than on a battlefield proper. I don't intend to spend one shiny nickel on that model and, if the rules are formidable enough to make me want one, I'll just find a suitable proxy model from Forgeworld or an independent provider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a Prisoner Vehicle kinda like thing yea. Personally I have been eyeing up this:

      http://dreamforge-games.com/collections/everything/products/eisenkern-apc-1

      I really like that one and if I ever start a new theme of guardsmen that will be my Version of the new transport.

      Delete
  4. I think the main thing that bothers me about the transport is the giant tracks. If I get one I will be using wheels instead, I think that will fix the look of it quite a bit.

    Not happy to have my fears confirmed about the name change, but it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea its one of those things we will have to try get used to I guess.

      I would like it if they made the vehicle a bit longer too. Chapter House makes wheel kits for chimeras, maybe they will do the same for this thing...

      Delete
    2. I have to agree, I think it will look better with wheels.

      Delete
  5. Now, if only they'd make it to where I can field an all 3rd party army at a tourney I would be one happy camper, but sadly, that is an issue that i'd have to bring up with the corporate jerks of GW. As long as it isn't entirely focused on "CADIA, CADIA, OH CADIA!!" I guess I will be happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Although the cover has Cadians typically. The tournaments here dont mind using any models which is great! But I share your wishes. Cadians need to let some other regiments shine. Especially custom ones.

      Delete
    2. From a die hard catachan fan, I couldn't agree more. I know that catachans are still pretty mainstream you still don't see many fielded as a main army.

      Delete
    3. Thats cool man, catachans look cool in a matching army. But I only ever see them in small groups. Lets see what this codex has to offer guys like us without Cadians and hope it helps encourage variety.

      Delete