Pages

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Imperial Guard 2014 Turnaround!

"Da Sergeant Major asked me what my job was an' I said it was to, uh, do what I was told. He said I was a genius and gave me another medal. I likes da Imperial Guard!"


Some new images have come up for the codex release. Boy they look good. Here is what I hope to make my squad look like:


That armour just speaks to me I love it! 

There are a few more pictures but you will find those elsewhere very easily. But one thing I noticed was the ripper guns are painted with red plating. The shielded Ogryn has blue plaiting on his. 

Why is this worth mentioning? Well I have been looking at old White Dwarfs and codices (along with someones old school Marines) and it seemed like the trend back then. All the bolt guns where bright red or yellow along with other decor. It was really cool and as it turns out I really like that style. Im glad to see its still here now, except mixed in with a bit of new.

Another thing I noticed about the picture was how well its been painted. For a while a lot of stuff I have been seeing looked kinda low for their usual standard (Lord of the Rings...) but the above looks pretty well presented. 

From what I can gather it looks like there is a variety of heads and armour. I personally will have mine like the above and use lots of facial haired Ogryns. 

The biggest plus side to these new kits is how much less goofy they look. The old metal ones where great but I thought their spud faces where a bit odd. These guys seem to capture their brutal but simple personalities a bit more. 

There is also a new Hydra Kit. Its nice to see it but I still like the Forge World one better. I prefer my vehicles not to have crew as it means extra painting work for me! Of course that says nothing about the model itself haha. 

What does this mean for me? 

Well it looks like I'll be getting the Storm Troopers and Ogryns now. I didnt plan on anything but the codex. So once my eldar have been cleared due to lack of interest I will have some elite slots filled! But this release so far is proving to be awesome and even that odd transport is growing on me (still not buying it though) so I think its gonna be a good one. 

Still hoping for more variety in the rules though... so the rules need to be awesome to keep this so far great release near perfect. 

Anyone else got plans for these Ogryns? 

No comments:

Post a Comment